At the beginning of this past week, sleep was just painful for me. I kept waking up hardly able to move because of the pain my hips were in. What added to the emotional agony was knowing that every time I spent some time sleeping on my right side to try to help lessen the pain on the left, it was causing him to switch positions. If I had to guess, he kept switching to more of a transverse lie. I would wake up several times just worrying about him, knowing he had flipped, which he would later confirm with his hiccups.
Well, baby and I worked together to find something that works. Between two classes the other day, I had lied down for about 30 minutes without pain (and without putting much thought into how I was lying) and just knew there had to be a way to keep me on my left comfortably.
Previously, I had two pillows I was using for my head because it just feels better to have it more elevated and one pillow for between my legs. I decided to take one of my head pillows and keep it wedged under my belly. Somehow, this alone was enough to do the trick.
The weird thing is that when I was sleeping on my right, all I needed was the pillow under my belly--nothing for between my legs. My left side needs the whole shebang. The only slight issue now is that my left shoulder often feels a bit sore, but it is perfectly manageable and hardly an issue. Mommy and Baby are much happier now.
Anyway, he's such a good baby.
In other news, I've got my 36-week photo on my camera, but I am too lazy to upload anything right now. I didn't realize that I did not yet share the pro pics from Apple Tree, so here they are!



We absolutely adore our photo together. Hee Suk loves it in black and white, so that is what's currently the background on our desktop. I don't fancy having pictures of myself alone around the house, so we ordered the one of us together and might order a couple of others. If we do, I will be sure to share them here.
Appetite
My appetite is pretty shot nowadays. For example, my lunch was a piece of pumpkin pie yesterday. That's all I wanted to eat and all I could eat. When I came home, I ate the remainder of Hee Suk's piece of pizza. For dinner, there was only one thing I could think of that I would be able to eat quite a bit of--chadolbaegi (차돌배기). It's pretty much a very thin cut of beef that it usually cooked table-top. You don't season it--just dip it in sesame oil with salt and add a bit of some slightly spicy soy bean paste-style sauce of deliciousness if you so desire. We don't have a table-top whiz, so we just cook it on the stove and eat it at the table. Good enough. We had to make a special trip to the grocery store just to get it, but it was worth it. Of course, it had to start raining while we were in the middle of shopping. -.-;
Anyway, at least this week, all I have truly wanted is some pumpkin pie. I think I mentioned a week or so ago that I've really only wanted fluids, too. Having orange juice in the house is a must, as well as having my special milk. Wanting pumpkins and persimmons definitely makes our little bonbon a fall baby.
Cramped Quarters
Our son is definitely moving less often these days with being so cramped up inside, but when he moves, he moves. Nothing is stopping this little one from stretching out as he so pleases.
On Thursday night, I had wanted to sleep after finishing my Bible study, but I couldn't help just sitting there watching him have at it. It is just crazy to imagine what he has to do to be able to move as he does. It's neat to try to imagine what limbs he is rolling around. I like to think that when he sticks his little booty out, he is asking to be cuddled with. Just allow me to muse such thoughts.
Dreaming of Birth
The past two nights, I have had dreams about giving birth to our son. Last night's was a bit more realistic than others have been, but Thursday's was pretty over-the-top.
I had dreamt we were at the hospital but had basically done nothing. Hee Suk informed me that apparently, us just being there had already cost us $1000, so we went home and decided we would hardly spend anymore time there and waited it out at home. I kept wondering why nothing was really happening, so we took a look down there to find that he was already starting to crown! One push, his head was out. The body followed right after. We tried contacting our doctor to figure out what to do next, but getting ahold of her was a strange adventure. We eventually figured out how to clamp and cut the cord, but I kept wondering if it had been done right.
Anyway, he had a slight cone head, and his face was all scrunched up. It was hilarious. He apparently was not happy being out of the womb!
And that was the gist of that. ^^
Last night's, as I said, was more realistic. We were at the hospital, and when he was born, he cried for just a short bit. He was placed on top of me (crying), and Hee Suk said something to him which lessened his cries as he recognized his voice. I also tried to soothe him, and then he stopped crying and was just happy to be with Mommy and Daddy. It was really wonderful.
The Great Blunder
I'm not a believer in blaming everything on pregnancy hormones or pregnancy brain. I've seen people say some really mean things, get called out on it, then reply with a "heheheh, hormones." I'm sure others have differing opinions, but that's mine. Maybe it's just that it isn't possible for me to be more emotional than I already am when I am not pregnant. ^.~ I'm already fairly absent-minded at times as well, so I haven't felt particularly more-so. I mentioned forgetting the code to get into our building once, but no biggie, right?
Well, I made a huge mistake that I found out about yesterday. I've been selling some calendars on eBay and was contacted by one buyer yesterday asking if it usually takes 5 weeks for the calendar to arrive. I checked over my email history with her, and after looking at her address (very unique since she is in Denmark), I am 95% certain I flat-out never mailed it. I had even asked her who her favorite character from a drama was for the bonus I include with the calendars, but I never mailed it.
I didn't come right out and say that it was totally my error, but I am certainly making up for it. She is getting bonus goodies galore. I just hope I didn't mess up with anyone else's order. I can't believe what a doofus I am. While I can't necessarily blame it on "pregnancy brain", maybe it had a little something to do with it. ^.~
Coming Up
Next Wednesday is our 37-week appointment, where I will be having my first round of blood drawn (so long as my hemoglobin count is okay). I am still nervous about it like woh, and I can't even understand why. Blood doesn't scare me, and I am not afraid of needles. Friends have told me to just be sure I eat plenty before going in, that it's no big deal. I don't know why it worries me. We'll just have to see how it goes. Otherwise, nothing too special is going on there. Hee Suk and I are already making bets on how much he will weigh at the appointment. Our estimates differ by 0.1kg (0.22 lbs).
That's about all I have for now!
Thank You, Lord, for being an ever-present source of comfort and peace. As different fears and doubts run through my mind, You are always there to remind me of Your incredible will, that we are right where You want us to be. Thank You, my King, for never letting me go, for always holding me so tightly.

3 comments:
Sounds like you are turning the corner on to the last bit of being pregnant where you are uncomfortable and ready to pop all the time.
You are so close! The photos are beautiful.
Beautiful pictures! Congrats!
Post a Comment