Thursday, October 8, 2009

Free Maternity Portraits with Apple Tree Studio






**I uploaded these from where I have them linked elsewhere, so that's why they are not thumbnailed. Please let me know if they don't show for whatever reason.**

Yesterday, we went out to Apple Tree Studio (the Hongdae location) for our first set of free maternity portraits (35w). I actually woke up that morning very tired and cranky and not in the mood to take pictures. I had an awful night's worth of sleep and got out of bed after giving up on trying to get any more rest. Not my favorite way to start the day. ;~; However, I guess something turned around once we were actually there, because I am happy with how the pictures turned out.

These aren't even the pro photos! Hee Suk called ahead to ask if he could take pictures while the photographer was, and they said, "Sure!" My guess is that they did not expect us to have such a nice one. *^^* He really had no idea what he was doing, but after he took a few shots, he felt like a pro and really got into it. He loves looking at the photos, but I think it's more because of him admiring his hidden talent. (You know it's true.)

The outfits and most accessories are from the studio. It's funny because we had looked at tons of maternity portraits and commented on how certain styles were "so Korean", so when we got into the little wardrobe area, I mentioned how I wanted a more beautiful style, not so cutesy. Cutesy just doesn't work on me. At her insistence, she had me take a few photos with some cutesy accessories, and we also wound up posing together for a few shots in ways that had Korea written all over them. We laughed so hard when she had us do this one stretching pose because the day before, we had been looking at maternity portrait samples and were laughing at it.

We will receive three pro cuts by email hopefully sometime today. My favorite photo, which is of the two of us, is in those cuts, so I can't wait to get it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few here, even though most people have already seen them. ^^ We hope that Paran will also allow us to bring our camera, but I am not banking on that one. I'm really excited to see how that session goes, seeing as the studio has a pretty different vision stylistically.

God bless!

4 comments:

MommyCha said...

I was just admiring and wondering about your dress! I love ethereal floaty dresses like that! You look positively angelic in your photos, glowing with expectation!
Did you see Devika's photos? She has a very real, strong set of photos that suit her personality and are very different from the traditional maternity photos. Do you get any say in your next session, maybe you can get some inspiration from checking different photos online! I do love the little cutesy bows and flowers they use, but if you did b&w shots, with only the accessory color displayed(my camera can do color selection like that) that might give it a nicer effect and remove the Koreanism! Hehehe!! Take care of yourself mommy, you are on the home stretch now! HUGS!!

TexasBobbi said...

I love those pics, I did not look that good at 35 weeks. I was so swollen.

akoto said...

Edmo--I wish it were our home! It's a studio here. Baby studios have the most adorable little sets to play around in for children, and they are also set up to take great maternity portraits. It pretty much is a little house turned studio.

Lolimahro said...

They all look so lovely! I love how photographers always want to "try things out", like "cutesy" stuff, or a lime green afro wig...

I hope out your other set of shots turns out great, too!