Our crib was delivered and put together this morning. It was so nice to not have to do anything to set it up. As some of you may know, Hee Suk did not inherit the tool-handling skills of his father, so putting things together with him can be quite a task at times (to say the least). It looks absolutely gorgeous.
I'm thinking that this might help everything to start sinking in. It is still hard to believe that we are now less than a month away from our due date. We will begin washing his clothes and his diapers very soon and getting everything more organized. Compared to others, we're getting this all done rather late, but the timing just really works out for what we need to do and how we need to do it.
Speaking of putting things together, we've got a few items on their way to help us get our hospital bag ready. I decided to buy two cute (and cheap!) nursing-friendly gowns to wear at the hospital so that I am not stuck in theirs the whole time, and we also found a nice button-down piece that should work really well for coming home. It was all very cheap, so I am happy about that. (We buy pretty much everything from the internet, so that's why I say "on their way".)
In other news, this weekend was really busy, as we spent most of it in different parts of Gyeonggido. At the end of last week, Hee Suk found yet another place to go to for free maternity portraits, but I told him yesterday I knew I would not be up to going this morning (the time we had scheduled). This place is a little different, though, in that they offer you free maternity plus 40-day portraits, so we asked if we could just do the 40-day photos. They said they usually don't do it like that, but they would allow us to just do the baby photos. We will also get a free album, so that will just include his pictures.
The reason I can't see going in for the maternity portraits is that now, my only available times are Wednesdays. Otherwise, my schedule is too tight. This Wednesday would have been awesome since we have our other photos being done, but the only appointment they had was too late in the day for us. The next two Wednesdays, I am having blood drawn for my self-donation, and I can't imagine going out and having photos done after that. And anyway, even if we only had the one set of portraits done, Hee Suk took such wonderful photos that I think those are good enough! Anyway, life is good.
I have zero energy right now, so I will have to call this quits. I can't do so, however, without first sending a huge thank you to my family, who has some amazing items on their way to us that are just a huge blessing. There will definitely be a ton of photos to share once it all arrives!
We are so truly blessed. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this pregnancy a very joyful one.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember that feeling of being done.
Post a Comment