What's really wonderful to me is how incredibly thoughtful the gifts have been. Instead of blabbing on, I shall post pictures!
My children's class on Wednesdays presented me with this huge basket of fruit, which was fantastic not only because it's a great gift for a pregnant woman, but also because I was going to head to the grocery store after class just to buy fruit! One student had a scale at her house, so I weighed it--6kg (over 12 lbs)!
♥
14w1d
These are the gifts I received today, minus one I had received in the morning. I will detail what isn't pictured later.
I was shocked to receive an Agabang bag because it's a pretty pricey brand (to me) of Korean baby wears. Inside was this adorable blanket/towel set! As you can see, it is both pink and blue, so no tell-tale signs there. I dreamt that the first gift I opened was both pink and blue! This was a gift from two first-graders I teach.
The one is a bath towel with adorable little mouse ears! Considering I think we are having a mouse because of his/her love for cheese, this was very appropriate!
I had another children's group class today, and they gave me the small box wrapped in pink and the brown bag that says Beyond. In the pink box was my favorite thing in the world--two pairs of Korean-style maternity underwear! One girl in my class wanted me to open it up, so I peaked in, restrained from laughing too hard and quickly tucked it away since there is a boy in the class.
As for what's not pictured, the boy I teach a few mornings a week (who is half-Korean, half-French!) gave me some nice sunscreen lotion.
The grey bag with the origami pocket heart is from an adorable girl I work with two days a week who was formerly in a group class. She gave me a hair clip which looks like it's covered in pearls. I opened it up when I got home and said, "It's perfect!" Pearls have a special meaning to me with having PCOS (the "string of pearls" on my ovaries), so I absolutely love it.
In the brown bag was some stretch mark creme. I am so glad we weren't convinced to buy any at the baby fair! (We almost were!)
I did NOT expect to be receiving such nice things. Maybe it's because most were group gifts, but still. I am so grateful to all of the students and their families for the kindness they have shown me. None of them are reading this, but I just want to say thank you again!
In other news, I had a dream last night that I had just had our baby, a girl, and she looked more American than Korean (which I literally thought was so strange in my dream). My dreams tend to show baby after he/she has grown a bit, and this one showed her sitting up and just laughing at everything. I was taking pictures with my camera phone (which I almost never do!), and she was pretty much posing for them, even waving hi at times. So adorable, and what a nice break from the nightmares. The weird, thing, though, was that at the beginning of the dream, this was apparently going to be our second child...that part was a little kooky.
There are still some more special posts I want to do, but I want to keep them separate. Hopefully, I will get to them soon! I've been really excited about them, but I always end up with something else to type before I am able to get to them.
Much love!
My heavenly Father, thank You for all of those in my life that You have blessed me with, from family to friends to students and their families. We are to rely solely on You for all that we need, but You know how weak our hearts are and generously bless us with others in our lives who You use to bless us even further. I pray that I might be half as much a blessing to all of them as they have been to me. Thank You, my Lord.

2 comments:
What nice gifts! The maternity underwear make me lol! : )
That's really sweet! It sounds like you have great kids.
Oh, and I voted girl for you. :)
Post a Comment