On Thursday night, I made a little book for Appa-to-be from our little Sesame for Parents' Day, which was on Friday. I think it is way adorable and pretty funny. I just used the crayons and origami paper we had in the house, along with a bunch of baby stickers I had since my students aren't too interested in those.
♥
13w2d
On Parent's Day in Korea, the thing to do is give carnations to your parents. While I was on my way to my classes, I saw this lady selling carnations. Do you see what is behind her? It's a monkey! She had a pet monkey! I just had to snap a picture.
Even though I gave Hee Suk the book, he didn't think twice about trying to do something for me. We went out to eat that night like I mentioned in my last post, though, so it was nice.
♥
13w3d
These are just some of the freebies we walked away with from the Happy Mom's Fair. We really got some good stuff! I can't wait to go back in September for the bigger one. ^o^
♥
13w4d
On Sunday, I met up with a new friend who is also married to a Korean and is expecting her first very soon! As I mentioned, I scored a great deal on some new bras. The ladies at the shop loved me, so they threw in some free clear bra straps. I love the freebie culture here. ♥
♥
13w5d
I bought these on Sunday, but I had three on Monday, despite trying to limit myself to two. I made a compromise that so long as I have these, I can't order pizza. I just finished the last one, heheheh.
♥
13w6d
I forgot to take a picture of this before. I was at EMart and saw this two pack of notebooks for less than a dollar, and since it said Mother's Day, I picked them up. I have no idea what I will use them for yet since they are not the lined style I like, but we'll see.
And no picture for today yet, but you know there will be one eventually.
There have been many things I have wanted to type about, but I just lose the energy to do so by the time I get here sometimes. I've been having problems with my shoulder suddenly acting up again, so I am going to just go for now and get some rest before my afternoon classes start.
Thank You, Lord, for all of these wonderful memories and for the new friends that you are sending my way to help me feel more connected to others while here. May you bless them and their children, whether they have been born or have yet to make their entrance. Thank You, my Lord!

2 comments:
About your shoulder: when I was in my second trimester my collar bone would start to feel so sore. Then, it would just pop. It was one of those "hurts so good" situations and was very startling. The bones do some funny things during pregnancy, especially if you had issues beforehand.
I completely expected to be going through some increased aches and pains with pre-existing issues. All of my issues are on my right side, so I expect to be completely paralyzed on the right by the time our little one's done baking! ;)
Post a Comment