I had a dream the other night that I was having an ultrasound, and I was pregnant with triplets. (What's with all of the dreams of multiples?) They were able to determine the sex of baby #2--a boy. My quads were all girls, and of the super definitive dreams during pregnancy, I've had one of a boy and one of a girl. My triplets have at least one boy. I think this is a sign we will not find out until he/she makes and entrance into this world.
We have an ultrasound on Wednesday where we will be asking our doctor a whole bunch of questions, which I am nervous about for some reason. I just feel like people here don't ask questions--they just blindly follow their doctors. I wanted to push her to see if she could hint the sex for us at this appointment, but it sounds like telling it so early on leads to many wrong "predictions," for lack of a better term.
I think I am partially nervous about talking about the 20-week scan (FAS-Fetal Anatomy Scan). I will not have it done if the experience will be the same as what the 12-week NT scan was. I will make our doctor do it instead of going to the Ultrasound Tech Room of Doom if she feels it is that important but is unable to have the rules slightly bent for us. Or I will go to another clinic for the scan and somehow get everything sent over. I'm not even asking to allow my husband in since no one can have their husbands in. I want my TV screen to be on the entire time she has the whatchamacallit on my belly, no ifs, ands or buts.
I had a sort of revelation with as to why they probably don't do it like that. I at first could only think of, "They don't want people asking questions while they are taking the measurements," but then it dawned on me--they may be trying to make sure you can't figure out the sex. I don't care if you don't want me to know--you are not going to be looking at our baby any longer than we can!
If you can't tell, I am still trying to get over how that all went down. Clearly, four weeks is not enough time to get over it.
Anyway, that's all for now. More later, as always.
Thank You, my Lord, for holding us so tightly in Your hands and for being a neverending source of comfort and peace. I love You, my King.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, I believe the norm at Cheil is not to tell -- ever. Although I met a woman who said they did tell her -- but her husband is foreign, not Korean. Sometimes having a Korean husband means you have to follow Korean rules. :(
I'm interested to hear how it goes for you!
Okay, so I had a dream about your baby, too! I had a dream that you, Hee Suk, Trin, Dexter and I were going to a party. You guys split up with us for a moment to go to the hospital, and you showed up with your newborn baby, who was as big as Dexter is now!! And it was a boy!!! Man, he was a little fatso. And you named him "Hanja" which you said meant "A weird sounding name". WT...? I know what "hanja" is, which is why I felt the dream was so silly.
The dream happened at least a week ago, but I forgot to mention it in an earlier e-mail, so I'm glad I still remembered it!
Here's a hug for you and your little Sesame! Take care!!
Post a Comment