Friday, March 20, 2009

Roadmap to Baby

I had read that often times in pregnancy, your veins end up being more apparent. Being the pasty almost transluscent person I am, I completely expected this. Either the beginning of this week or late last week, I noticed some that were showing more "vibrantly," if you will, basically where leg bone connects to the hip bone. ^.~

On Wednesday, I noticed that the pattern had turned into a sort of roadmap to baby. I'm usually a bit grossed out by veins and whatnot, but to me, this is just so cool. There's nothing showing right on my belly, but around it, it looks like it is all leading right to baby. It is truly amazing to me.

On the morning sickness front, even though I was not feeling so hot after some pizza on Wednesday, I had no issues whatsoever on Thursday, aside from a slight bout of minor queasiness. Today, though, I have no idea how I managed to not toss any cookies! I had a class for 1.5 hours in the morning, and about 30 minutes in, I was certain I was going to at least go through the same gagging motions I had before. While everyone was doing group work, Hee Suk and I made an "escape plan" for me just in case. Somehow, though, I managed. I think some people might have noticed I was acting a little weird, but everything was fine. Definitely counting my blessings!

Speaking of that class, if you're not looking to get pregnant, don't drink the water!

When I began teaching there, I learned that two men's wives are expecting. One is now 5 months along, and the other is 12 weeks. On Tuesday, I learned that one of the women there is also expecting, and she is now 10 weeks along! Add me to the equation at 6 weeks along, and there's just a whole lot of baby business going on there. We have not announced our pregnancy yet (though we came very close to having to!), but I think that everyone will be so surprised at all of the baby's coming along this year. Looking back, that means we got pregnant fairly shortly after starting there in February. Hmm...

Otherwise, baby is definitely being picky about what he/she wants to eat now. Most food simply does not sound appetizing to me, so I find myself just picking something that shouldn't cause any issues and that I can chew easily since I had my top braces tightened and bottom ones put on on Monday. Yes, I had braces put on just days before conceiving. I can only laugh at God's timing with that one. ^.~

I happened upon a few stories today of early losses, and it's so hard to not let them get to you. I am still doing what I can to make sure that I keep the attitude of having nothing to fear. We are certainly being held by hands so powerful and so capable. I can do nothing but trust that everything will be okay rather than dwell on the what-ifs. Thankfully, all signs point to Sesame simply thriving. When I feel sick or hungry and can't find anything that sounds appetizing, I always smile and thank God that He has blessed us with such signs that everything is just fine. There are certainly no complaints coming from my end!

Anyway, I still have not located where the connector for my memory card and computer is, so no pictures to share for now. There will be a massive one coming up, that's for sure!

And one last very important note: Sesame says, "Happy Birthday, Grandma!"

Lord, thank You for the kindness you have shown us, for showering us with unbelievable blessings far, far greater than we could ever deserve.

No comments: