Wednesday, March 18, 2009

6 Weeks

Today marks 6 weeks! It's been a very stressful week, but what a great joy to know that our little one is continuing to thrive.

Even though baby is about the size of a lentil now, he/she is still very endearingly referred to as Sesame. It looks like the name will definitely be sticking around for awhile! I just absolutely adore hearing Hee Suk say things like, "Eat this for you and Sesame," and whatnot. What a wonderful feeling.

Most things I have read say that the 6-week marker is the magic one where all the first-trimester joys really hit you. I've definitely notice a little bit of a shift in how my body is processing things, but it hasn't hit me too hard yet (praise the Lord!). On Monday, I thought I was going to toss my cookies and "went through the motions" without even as much as stomach acid causing trouble, but I attributed that to the very high stress I was feeling. The past two days, though, regardless of whether I wake up at 6am or 9am, or am at home or walking outside, I've found myself going through the same motions. I'm just thankful I am keeping everything down at this point. I've got quite some time to go yet, though! Hee Suk was wonderful and encouraged me this morning with, "It'll only be for a couple of months." ♥

I actually thank God for the signs He sends, even the ones we would often rather do without. Especially early on in pregnancy, you really have no idea what's going on, so it's comforting to know that these progressing signs are all indicators that so far, so good.

Today, I broke down at two random points in time and started crying a little. I just felt so sad, and I don't even know why. That just might be some hormonal goodness for you. Right now, I just feel weird, kind of like I'm feverish or something. I'm definitely not running a fever, though. It'll be interesting to see if it's something that's going to stick around or if it's just for tonight for whatever reason. And no, I am not trying to over-analyze things as potential pregnancy symptoms. In fact, I keep trying to attribute everything to something else (like the nausea being due to stress, which is certainly not out of the ordinary for me).

Anyway, I have pictures, but I don't have the energy to get them uploaded right now. I'll get to it sooner or later! I need to go rest up now, so that'll be all for tonight.

Thank You for holding us so tightly, my King!

No comments: