Monday, March 23, 2009

Massive Picture Post

I decided that enough was enough and that I should get to uploading some pictures. Here are all of the currents!


5w3d

Genesis 18:10-15

This is when Sarah overheard Abraham and God talking about how He would fulfill His promise and bless them with a son by the time a year had passed. The verse that I clung and still cling to was v.14: Is anything too hard for the Lord?

5w4d


We had gift certificates to eat at an Italian buffet called Jessica's Kitchen, and boy, was it heavenly. The salads there were fantastic. I had not had a good one since we moved here, so it was just wonderful. It's a little expensive, but even Hee Suk said, "I want to come here once a month!"

5w5d

In the process of moving, this was what our fridge looked like. Thank goodness it was only for a night!


5w6d

Just about everything here is for our English classes, but the huge book on the left with red and white print is Hee Suk's pregnancy/baby manual. ^^;; My things are in a separate spot (not enough space here!)


6w

This is my awesome powerhouse trio of vitamins. I finally found my Calcium supplements, too, so add that to the mix!


6w1d

Yes, these are our bathroom slippers. This is one of my favorite paintings by Gustav Klimt. I saw it for the first time at IKEA a couple of years ago and instantly had a strong emotional attachment to it, seeing as the mother is blonde and the baby has brown hair, which is how our child will look.


6w2d
I'm trying to figure out why I didn't take this at the 6-week mark, but oh, well. It's early yet, but I definitely have some of that pregnancy "bloat," as I've heard many refer to it. It's defintitely not just a full tummy, and I can hardly wait to see it grow!


6w3d

One of my friends from MN is here for a year, so we finally met up and went (by chance) to my favorite palace, Changdeokgung. I couldn't believe how beautiful the early blossoms already were. I think it's just perfect that we've conceived just in time for spring, which to me has always been a symbol of new beginnings and life.

6w3d Bonus Pic!

So on this trip to the palace, there was my friend, her co-teacher, Hee Suk and me. I really wanted to take my friend to Baskin Robins because she was happy about having them here, so we scouted one out for awhile. (They are everywhere except where we were.) When we finally got to one, the co-teacher, whose English isn't so great, said something like (I don't remember exactly), "Maybe your pregnant." I actually got upset because I wasn't going there for some craving--I wanted to go for my friend. Alas, I just shrugged it off at the and grumbled about it later.


6w4d

If you can't tell, this is cheese. Yes, cheese.
What does the child of a lactose intolerant mother who's not a big fan of cheese crave?
Cheese.
So here's some organic baby cheese. This is only the beginning, though...


6w5d

I have found the secret to keeping morning sickness away--keep these (clementine and orange juice) away from me! As much as I love drinking them, they are the main culprits of my gagging episodes. Believe me--I am still counting my blessings for merely having a few gagging episodes thus far.

No comments: