I've never had heartburn before, so one might wonder, "How can you be sure if you've got it?"
My friends, you will know.
I had some yesterday, and I had some today as well. Especially today, I've felt like there's a knife right in the middle of my chest that someone randomly twists at times. It might have been the spicy food I ate the past couple of days, though. I don't think I will be able to force my mouth open to eat spicy food for awhile, just in case. -.-; Oddly enough, I already can't bring myself to eat rice! Rice, I tell you! What's up with that?
An almost instant cure to the burn today was broccoli and ranch dressing, though. I was also feeling pretty nauseous today, so it was hard to come up with something I thought I could eat for lunch. Hee Suk prepared some broccoli and fruit for me after I ate a bean bun (my body later would tell me it was not happy with the fruit selection in the middle of a lesson at my student's house!), and I think it was just what I needed. Yogurt was also okay. Maybe this baby is trying to cure me of my lactose intolerance...
Eating cereal before going off to teach this morning definitely helped with not feeling sick through my early morning class. I felt so well that I thought something was wrong. By the end, though, I was starting to feel a little icky/hungry, so I munched on a few pieces of bread.
Well, at least I made it home. It was more like coughing them up, but still. No fun.
On tossing cookies in the middle of a lesson...
I thought for sure I would have to explain I was pregnant, as the room we were studying in is right next to the bathroom. I ran water while I was in there to just add extra noise, but I still thought I would just have to break the news. When I got back in the room, though, she went right back to reading aloud! She didn't even suspect anything when I grabbed for a mint. I later found out that she was stuffing her face full of clementines while I was in the bathroom, so she was certainly preoccupied. Definitely counting my blessings there!
So today was not a whole lot of fun, but amongst worries of not being able to eat like I want to in order to provide for baby, it's all very reassuring that everything is just fine. April 1st cannot come soon enough!
Speaking of which, having our ultrasound on April 1st seems so funny to me, as it is, of course, April Fool's Day. (Baby had better not try to play any pranks on us, that's for sure!) I asked Hee Suk if Korea has something similar, and he said that it is actually on the same day. He thinks it would be awesome to tell everyone on April Fool's Day because nobody would believe it. I don't think it would work quite that well, but I thought it was an awesome idea. I don't think we will, but it really is a funny thought. ^o^
I still think I am having a very blessed first trimester, aside from some not-so-fun moments here and there. I've been walking, riding my bike, doing lots of grocery shopping (though that is sometimes torture with all of the samples they offer--it's the meat and fish section that gets to me). The worst has been how emotionally taxing it is for me to want to eat more/better for baby but not being able to stomach terribly much. I'm getting enough for me, but I, of course, worry about not getting enough for baby to grow along as he/she should. Hee Suk would definitely like to smack me sometimes for that. "You're doing more harm by worrying than by not eating everything!"
Anyway, I will have pictures later. They aren't terribly fun or exciting this time around, so I'm not in so much of a rush to get them up here. We'll see, though!
You are so incredible, my King! Thank You, my Lord. Thank You.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment