It's been a little bit indulgent for me recently because those who know me have been commenting on how big I am getting. ^^ Those who don't know me think I am way too small. Oh, yes, it is story time:
On Sunday, we went to Home Plus to grab a few groceries. (How many Home Plus stories does this make now??) I wanted to stop by the sellers in the baby section (it's different here--not like the gloriousness that is Target) to ask them about crib sets. The few that I have seen here are not that cute and ridiculously expensive. We asked her, and after listening to her for quite some time describe the bumper they have (I wonder how accurate her hand estimates were with size) that they are able to order but have no picture of, she asked how far along we are and looked at me in slight horror for a bit because she must have assumed I was far less along due to my size. She did come to her senses, though, and realized, "Ah, it must be because you are so tall. Women here usually carry like this (::shows the general belly shape with her hands::)." Good times.
On the note of crib sets, I have decided we will either a) get a custom one made at Dongdaemun, or b) order one from the states and get it shipped here. My friend here has had some great success getting stuff made for her home at Dongdaemun, so we'll price it out to see how much it would cost. Otherwise, we'll still get a better deal even with shipping by ordering from the US. It's crazy here.
In other news, we are now 29 weeks. I have a picture from 28 weeks, but I have been too lazy to upload it. I actually just took it on Sunday, too. :3 I usually wear something nicer of Friday mornings because of the class I have, but since that was moved to Thursday, I didn't have much motivation to take the picture Friday. I was simply too tired to do it Thursday, and I completely forgot I had wanted to take one on Saturday at the fair. Oh, well. ^^
Our son has not slowed down one bit! It sometimes concerns me because he is so incredibly active, but he is simply thriving at this point. He moves all over the place. Appa has decided that he has moved on from UFC practices to dance time.
We are pretty sure that this is what he is doing in there:

We are talking to him more and more every single day. Appa especially adores being close to him and talking to him. Sometimes, the attention makes me a little jealous. ^.~ It's been really wonderful. There's so much to be said but hardly any words for it!
Ah, on a different topic, we took what was referred to as a pilates class at our hospital on Monday. At first, I was a little bored because it seemed so basic, but as we got into it, it was really great. I enjoy class-type settings, and the teacher was very kind. She has a DVD, but unfortunately, we had to leave before she finished class so that we were unable to obtain information about it. I'm making Hee Suk do a little more hunting, though. At the very least, I can try to take her class again in two weeks and get the information at that time. Otherwise, my yoga class starts next week! I am very excited.
Cat stretches have not been happening as they should. Here's the problem: they should certainly be done before food intake. After eating spells a certain doom. The problem is, though, that as soon as I come back home, I am always wanting to eat. If I wait too long to eat, I get heartburn or what have you. After I eat, I realize that I should have tried to do my stretches first. I am going to try to be better, though. I have to!
Anyway, it is late, and I should certainly be heading off to bed.
Thank You, my Lord, for holding us so tightly. I feel as though I so often repeat myself, but this is just such an incredible blessing to me. I pray for all of the families that have been affected by loss recently, Lord, that You would hold them and be their rock when everything else seems so unsteady right now. I pray that they might find peace in You and be comforted by Your grace.

2 comments:
Glad things are going so well, a cribs set isn't really necessary at first anyways.
Ah...baby bedding. It reminds me of the issue of "Fit Pregnancy" where they gave all this "advice" as to how to save money as a new parent (shop at thrift stores, garage sales, etc.). The horrific part was the end where they suggested that after all those savings, you could "splurge" on designer bedsheets (the ones in the picture were like $400 or something).
I could see the glow in the eyes of the brand new mommies reading the article as I remembered the "splurge" of icky baby puke that relentlessly flows all over the bedsheets, no matter how expensive they are.
If you haven't noticed from some of the stuff I gave you, I'm really super into jungle animals and Noah's Ark and what have you. I almost bought a really gorgeous Noah's Ark set at a rummage sale once for $10. But before Dex was 6 months old, I was super paranoid about SIDS so we didn't even put any bedding in the bed! Of course, he started sleeping with us at 3 months, and our first attempt at using a crib failed...by the time Dex was sleeping in his own bed, we had packed the crib away in storage.
I wish you luck! Let me know how expensive custom things are at Dongdaemun. I've always wanted to have something custom-made from there.
Post a Comment