Today was the day we picked to go to the Baby Fair. For whatever reason, I was super excited all day yesterday about going. Maybe for as hectic as the fair we went to last weekend was, it just had me pumped.
Overall, though, I was pretty disappointed. Most vendors were pretty stingy, whereas with other fairs (as I have so pictured in past posts), they load you with goodies or at least a warm smile. This fair is pretty expensive to be a vendor at, though, and with the mass crowds, it would be expensive to just give stuff away to any- and everyone. But still.
I wasn't too impressed with the selection of vendors, either. Whereas the fair we went to in the spring lacked in carriers and bouncers and things of the like, this one was overflowing with them. Of course, this stroller here is from Italy, this carrier here is from Sweden, I have no idea how to pronounce that even with having studied so many languages...you get the drift: expensive. However, if you are looking for a pricey and pretty impractical stroller, car seat, imported lotions with huge mark-ups or organic Korean-style newborn wears, definitely stop by!
OK, so there was more than that, and not every stroller was impractical.
Here's what we made out with:
♬ A bouncer! This one, to be almost precise. Ours actually has four little attachments instead of the three mentioned. Most here are over 40,000won, and this one was on sale for about 39,000won. It's not my favorite design (I prefer softer tones), but the price was right. It is packaged in a fairly small box, so the actual selling point was that we could easily tuck it away for now.
♬ A Booby Tube. The idea of putting cabbage leaves on my bosom is not appealing to me, so I decided to buy one of these for now and see where it ends up getting me. I *almost* didn't buy it because of Hee Suk's reaction to it (just made me wonder if I really needed to buy it or not), but when one girl came over and started trying to sell it to me in English, even though I had heard it all in Korean and knew it from the site, we decided it was a good deal. The hilarious thing, though, is that her English was slightly casual, as she kept saying boob instead of breast. That was funny to me.
♬ A "baby cape". If you click the link and click on the third picture from the left of a woman holding a baby wrapped in something bright green, click that. We purchased the sky blue one. It's cuteness sold me immediately. We got ours for 20,000won, but I found it on GMarket for 18,500won plus free shipping--not a huge difference, though. Since we'll be carrying baby quite a bit, this will work great when it is windy or rainy. Also, as the pictures show, it works well on a stroller, too.
And the big purchase of the day...
♬ A crib! We've been agonzing over this. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on one and have been looking for one that fits well next to our bed, but after looking again at the one we wound up purchasing (this seller had been at Kintex), we decided that it was a great deal in the end. It has storage underneath, converts to a toddler bed and is just beautiful. It's more than we wanted to spend, but it includes a nice spring mattress and eliminates another expense we were looking at. Plus, it will save us a lot of space, too. Here's what we bought. It will be delivered at a later time, as we don't need it just yet. I love it. ♥
I am exhausted from the day, though, so I had best be off. More soon, though.
Thank You, Lord, for blessing us not only with a child, but with the means to take care of him. You have never let go of us, even when we find ourselves drifting at times. You are far beyond generous, and we could never thank You enough.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am glad that you had a nice day over all. Also the cabbage leaves aren't that bad. I often forget that I was wearing them. I love the crib you got it is gorgeous.
My issue would be just putting the leaves on! I don't know if I would be able to get past the paralyzing mental block. ^.~ We'll see how it goes, though!
Dont knock the cabbage leaves until you've tried it. I seriously tried to ignore my mum's comments about it before birth, but surrendered to try it after my nipples cracked and bled. Life saver!!
I didn't knock them and never would! I just have a mental block that might prevent me personally from using them (at least right off the bat...).
Post a Comment