I was an emotional wreck for the majority of the day, but I still somehow managed to not break down bawling. For whatever reason, I got really emotional at the dentist. I didn't want to be there, didn't want someone messing around in my mouth, didn't want to be lying down in that chair. It isn't a big deal at all, but that's how I felt nonetheless.
It doesn't bother me terribly much, but my dentist is kind of one of those women who is eager to tell you everything you already know with regards to pregnancy and what have you. She just had her first child this year, so she's still on a bit of a high, of course. She knows which hospital we attend (since Hee Suk told her), so we can't mention that we know we're having a son. Hee Suk was trying to tell her that we've seen "something" on the ultrasound, and she quickly dismissed it as just the umbilical cord. We just smiled and went on our way, but it's a combination of funny and annoying. I suppose, though, I've had it far easier than many when it comes to comments from others.
When we were leaving the building where my dentist is, I was totally backhanded right in the belly. I was shocked and scared, so I turned around to face the woman. I didn't realize that she most likely had some mental issue at first because of the emotions involved, but Hee Suk urged me to just keep going because talking wasn't going to do a thing. I completely thought it was just some random chick who was upset I ever-so-slightly brushed up against her shopping bag and decided backhanding me was the way to go. Her speech and movements did indicate some sort of an issue, though, so we left without saying anything. It's just frightening. You can imagine all the places my mind went after that.
Enough of that, though. I feel better now that I've got some munchkins from Dunkin Donuts waiting to be eaten. Our son has been begging for them (yes, he), but I've resisted. I decided to treat him tonight, though. Well, I suppose tomorrow since I won't be eating them tonight, but still. I'm pretty excited.
Otherwise, we were the only couple to sign up for the prenatal yoga and massage class for couples this upcoming Sunday, so we received a call today that they had to cancel it. I am really bummed about that. I do start my own yoga classes next Wednesday, but I was really looking forward to doing this together and just having the chance to experience a class with my husband before doing them on my own. It'll be fine, but it's still a bit disappointing.
On the agenda for this weekend is fabric shopping at Dongdaemun to price out how much the fabric would cost plus having the items we want for the crib made and hopefully getting some shabu shabu. For some reason, I started craving it this week, and Hee Suk seems more than ready to happily oblige. We went to an awesome place in Busan when we were on our two-year anniversary trip, so hopefully, we'll be able to find a good place up here as well (that doesn't break the bank!).
Ah, I don't think I've mentioned our son's complete 180 with regards to oranges and clementines and things of the like. I mentioned how I had to cut them out because they were triggering gagging fits. In the second trimester, I could NOT get my mind to realize that they are not evil--I had a severe mental aversion to them. However, I ate some mandarin oranges in small quantities at a few different places (mixed in with salads) and slowly started getting passed that block. Sure enough, this boy LOVES orange juice now. It's one of my main cravings nowadays. Other juices are well-appreciated, but he just loves orange juice. I think he will really enjoy fruit as he gets older.
We are pretty sure he's going to be quite the eager eater. He gets hiccups ALL of the time. I always feel so bad for him, despite sources stating that it's completely harmless. I hope it doesn't continue out of the womb for his sake!
I am very tired and should go lie down for a bit now. I was up far too late last night, but it was for a good cause. Every year, I receive at least one free photobook offer, so I just can't pass it up! I didn't have time over the weekend to make one so I stayed up way later than I had expected whipping one up. I used photos from the most memorable things that have happened to us between our first and second years of marriage, including photos related to our little one. My eyes definitely swelled with tears a few times. We are so incredibly blessed.
Anyway, time to go relax a bit. Many blessings to you all!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment