I mentioned that baby measured in at 1.3kg (2.86 lbs). According to babycenter.com, average at this time is 2.22 lbs, so we've got quite a healthy little one if the measurements were accurate.
Our doctor said he seemed to have pretty thin lips which will probably resemble mine. Aww... *^^*
Here were my stats:
Weight: 68.6kg (150.92 lbs)--right on track
Blood Pressure: 99/58
Heart Rate: 96bpm
When I got there, though, we had run up the hill because heavy traffic caused us to arrive late (and *cough* Hee Suk spent a little too much time on the computer beforehand), and my blood pressure was 130/something with a heart rate of something like 102. I retested after we visited with the doctor and got the results listed above. Sounds good to me!
I decided that instead of spending time typing up the abbreviated birth plan for the nurses without being completely aware of standard procedures at the hospital, I would first just ask my doctor about them. Thus, I had a bunch of questions for her today. Even though a lot of stuff I don't want to have done is usually routine here (things that are not routine in the US), she was very reassuring that if there's something I don't want, then it's okay.
I asked about bonding with baby immediately after birth as well and for a decent amount of time, and her answer for that was also very reassuring. I was a bit worried about how she would answer, but it seems like she really wants to ensure I have the experience I want (barring complications, of course).
The one thing I am concerned about and that no one really has any control over since there's no telling when our son will make his appearance is the birthing/rooming situation. If he comes on a day where a bunch of other babies also decide to be born, I'm afraid I'll be in more of a community room rather than a private room for the birth and afterwards as well. The private room for after he is born is less of a concern since most people opt to recover "Korean style" (as I see it), where some of the facilities are shared (and it costs a bunch less), but I told Hee Suk that if need be, he will have to pull the "psycho foreigner" card for when we are heading to the hospital in labor to make sure I get a private room for the birth.
Fretting over that will get me nowhere, though, so I will have to toss it up to God and pray for the best. Deep down inside, I know it will all be fine...but the part of me that is perhaps a bit too fond of having some degree of control over things is just unsettled at this point in time. It will be fine. People don't stay in those private rooms for a very long time anyway, so it should be just fine. Go positive thinking!
Otherwise...
This weekend is the COEX Baby Fair. ^o^
We found a baby bathtub that isn't just about the size of a regular bathtub and is a decent price! (They are pretty huge here!)
Next weekend is the couple's prenatal yoga and massage class.
We met the yoga instructor today and decided to go ahead and sign me up for the fall session of prenatal yoga. I am so excited to finally be taking a yoga class, nevertheless a prenatal one! It will definitely help keep me motivated. It does mean having to change one of my classes around a bit, but this is more important to me.
Our Sophrology class is also next month and will go for three Saturdays. Things are really moving along now!Anyway, that's about all I have energy for right now. In short, all is well on our end!
Thank You, Lord, for blessing us with such a healthy son, even if he is a bit of a troublemaker right now. I give all of my fears and worries to You, because You are so mighty and so in control. You know my every step before I even take it, and I have no reason to fear with You holding us in Your loving hands. Thank You, my King.

No comments:
Post a Comment