Second, the young
Third, the people who decide to sit in the seats designated for the elderly, handicap, pregnant and those with babies on the bus but aren't any of the above should be ashamed of themselves while they sit and stare out the window so as to avoid eye contact with the people who should be sitting in those sits but are instead getting thrown around. Oh, but that text message to your BFF does look incredibly important, as does that game on your phone. Sorry.
Snark aside... ^.~
Taekwon!
I think baby stayed up all night just having a blast kicking everywhere. I was a little worried because of some minor thing that happened on Thursday and because baby was kicking so low and then not kicking very much, but he/she made up for it last night for sure! (I know this is all normal. ^^) I managed to eat some spicy ramen (신라면) today, and that got baby going, too. (For those out of the loop, it has been very difficult for me to eat even my favorite sauce because I am very sensitive to spicy foods these days.)
Special Milestone!
I had my first sight of the "liquid gold" yesterday--colostrum. I was a little weirded out at first, but I went and checked my What to Expect book and the breastfeeding book I have and realized that all was well. I wonder if this means I'll have the "honor" of being one of those who leaks throughout the latter half of pregnancy. I guess we'll find out soon enough! Like I've mentioned before, it's amazing how God shows us such things throughout pregnancy to assure us that all is well.
Some Time Out
I met my friend Sarah today, and we hopped on over to Dongdaemun to go fabric/craft supply shopping and to find some maternity denim capris. It was great! I had never been to the shopping complex for craftiness galore, and it was really awesome. I will definitely be going back in the near future. Way too much cuteness. I did walk away with some hard felt and stuffing and will be searching for ideas of things to make.
We went to Migliore for my capris since I had purchased my pants there before and had found a great deal. I checked a few shops on GMarket, but they were all skinny style (Seriously? For pregnancy?) and definitely did not seem like I'd be able to get them over my thighs. The first shop we stopped by, most of her capris were 40,000won. I told her it was too much since I had purchased pants before for 20,000won, so she found a few in that price range. They were XLs but skinny style, so I could not get them up all of the way! She then told me that the only other thing she had were 2XLs in the 40,000won price range. She gave me one more pair to try on, which fit fine, but I still decided to go elsewhere. Thankfully, she was preoccupied with others. ^o^
I went to the spot where I had purchased my pants. I think it was a different seller, but behold! A rack marked 20,000won! The first pair I tried on was perfect, so I took it. I got a very comfy skirt from another shop for 10,000won, which I think I'll be able to wear with many different things. Pair that with the awesome deal I got on two pairs of capris from GMarket the other day, and I am set! My pregnancy wardrobe has not cost me much at all, which makes me really happy.
And only one person today asked if I was Russian, so I thought that was pretty good considering how many different little shops we went to. XD
Coming Soon
Our 24-week appointment is on Wednesday! Hopefully, this should be the last time I say, "We'll be finding out whether we're having a boy or girl!" The poll I have will close in a few days accordingly, so vote if you haven't already! It's a pretty close race now. As I mentioned after our last appointment, I will be doing the 1-houe glucose tolerance test. I think the most torture will be not being able to drink anything after drinking the goop. Oh, well.
That's all for now! I'm off to get inspired for more felt crafts. Shopping with Sarah today was dangerous!
Thank you, my Lord, for a fantastic day and for always calming my worries and fears in the most blessed of ways.

4 comments:
The dress in your photo is also lovely! You are a gorgeous mama-to-be, just like Fauna!
Glad to hear Sarah shared her love of Dongdaemun with you. I used to buy beads there back in the day, but there is just so much to choose from! Definitely worth repeat trips!
Hope the appointment goes well, I ams till voting for Girl!! ^^
I think I should become an embassador for Dongdaemun. I cannot stay away from the place! So much shopping to explore! Glad you had fun!
I remember the fabric section of Dongdaemun, but I'm wondering if they have yarn galore too? Did you see any? I'm leaving all my yarn behind (*sniff*) but I want to bring my crochet hooks and knitting needles with me. If Dexter's winter clothes don't fit him (size 9 months, but he is small) this winter I think I'm going to end up making most of his clothes, and also I'll be making my own hats, scarves, and mittens!
See you in a few days!
We did not go to that floor, but from what Sarah is told me, there's quite a bit of a selection. Another friend of mine went there to get her needles and whatnot. ^^
Just over a week to go!!
Post a Comment