Friday, July 10, 2009

Rat + Tiger = Cow

I am so far behind on posting! Our anniversary trip went very well, but we were so exhausted after coming back. I feel like our vacation style is a little opposite sometimes. We wake up really early (we are super serious breakfast buffet people) and get a start out when things start opening so as not to miss anything. If we had more time, I am sure we would have slept more, but who knows when we will be back in Gyeongju? We went to many fantastic sites and enjoyed pretty much perfect weather the entire time. Though the water wasn't super warm, we enjoyed some outdoor swim time as well. The hotel there was absolutely amazing. It was really a perfect trip.

Friday-21w2/3d


Please excuse the weird face.

One of the most fun things we learned on the trip was how the year our baby is going to be born in coordinates with the years Hee Suk and I were born in. We don't believe in zodiacs in the least, but it's still fun information! Hee Suk was born in the year of the rat, and I was born in the year of the tiger. This is the year of the cow. I knew all of this, but I didn't put two-and-two together until we went to Silla Millenium Park and saw the zodiacs all lined up.

The only thing I remember of the order of the zodiacs is the first from from trying to memorize them while studying with Satoh-sensei: ne, ushi, tora, u. This means "rat, cow, tiger, rabbit," and is all I needed to remember, apparently! Baby comes right between the two of us. We decided to take a picture of us standing in front of the cow for baby.




The happy family. ^^


Otherwise, not too much to report. My belly is definitely wider now. Baby has been doing some serious renovations in there, kicking all of the time to make more space. ^.~ Unfortunately, this also means my belly button doesn't have much longer until it is definitely an outie. Oh, well. It'll go back in soon enough. Less than 18 weeks until our due date!

Taken today, about 22w3d


I think that'll do it for now. As always, I have so many things I hope to update on soon. Time to start power blogging!

Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you
even at my mother's breast.
From birth I was cast upon you;
from my mother's womb, you have been my God.

Psalms 22:9,10

2 comments:

Lolimahro said...

So glad your vacation went well and that the weather was good! Has it been rainy in Seoul much this summer yet, or can we expect that in the forecast for August? Can you believe that it's only 3 weeks until we're supposed to be stepping on that airplane? I had my interview with the consulate on Wednesday, and I'm going to call the UPS store to see if they received anything for me tomorrow if I don't hear from them before then.

Hopefully we'll be able to buy tickets this coming week! Yay!!!

MommyCha said...

Your belly is definitely larger than the last photos! How exciting, you are halfway there, on the final stretch soon!
Glad to hear the trip went well, we need a vacation, but it is much harder with a curious and agile 14month old. You have so much to look forward too! Heehee!
Hope we get to see you guys again in person SOON!