So I totally didn't make my mini "goal" for updating in June (I hope to have at least 10 entries a month--fell just short), but there's no use crying over it.
I did not take a bump picture last week, but I will do my best to do so today. I think if anything, my bump might be a little wider now. Baby is definitely pushing more stuff upwards, too, because bending my torso feels a little funny. Don't get me started on the continued threats from my belly button! ^.~
One student made the "mistake" yesterday of saying, "I think your baby is small," because I don't have a massive bump by everyone else's standards. -.-; If only people realized how much bigger this is for me! Crazy talk.
Our plans for this month have changed slightly. We were going to go to some group thing in Incheon with Hee Suk's friends, but we decided to skip that and move our anniversary/baby moon/summer vacation trip up to this weekend. I will teach Friday morning, and then we'll head out to Daegu after that. We'll visit his father there for a couple of hours (we haven't seen him since our American wedding), and then we'll go down to Busan to see everyone else since we won't be making another trip down there for a long time. We'll check out of our hotel Saturday morning and head over to the real vacation--Gyeongju! I've been wanting to go for so long, so I am very excited.
We bought a hotel membership package for a really incredible deal for our anniversary (actually, Hee Suk likes to proudly proclaim it our "Prenatal Care Package"), so we'll be staying at some really nice places. There's even going to be a swimming pool at our hotel in Gyeongju! I am very excited. Our weekend stay (which is pretty much free with the coupons from our membership packet) already is of greater value than what we paid to be members, so that's really, really awesome.
On a not-so-happy note, though, it turns out it's a good thing we changed our plans a little to include a quick trip to see his family (we were originally just going to spend all of our time in Gyeongju). We don't know how long everyone else has known, but we only just found out yesterday that Hee Suk's father has lung cancer. We're not really surprised, given his age and smoking status, but it is still a bit of a shock.
In baby news, not too much to report. Baby kicks all of the time, which is obviously a great thing. Pregnancy has led to a few small annoying skin tags for me, but other than that, not too much else has happened recently. The humidity of the Korean summer has kicked in, so I feel like the sweatiest of pigs as soon as I step foot outside.
The bus that I mentioned in my last post caused me a mental breakdown yesterday--a full on sobbing episode while I was outside. For two weeks, it has stopped at one spot that is on the way back home for me. Not as convenient as the drop off point, but good enough. I missed one yesterday and waited for the next. The bus driver drove right on by, waving that he doesn't stop there. I lost it.
I had a feeling that was not a permanent stop because that bus number wasn't listed there, but seriously? When you've stopped there for two weeks and you've got someone waiting to catch it, pick them up and tell them that it's no longer a stop for the next time around. I sobbed and sobbed on the phone to Hee Suk but made it home just fine, of course. (I live close to the building most of my classes are at, but with fatigue plus humidity of doom, it's nice to take the bus sometimes--yesterday threatened rain as well.)
Anyway, the life of a pregnant woman. ^.~
Hopefully, I'll get a picture up soon!
Much love~
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. That must be hard on HeeSuk. I know my husband would jump on a plane in a second if he heard his father was sick, but having a baby makes things harder. I hope that Tom quits smoking soon so we don't have to fight cancer in the future, but it is hard to do. We're sending good thoughts your way!
Def try to stay cool...A pregnant friend of mine last summer had a scare due to heat exhaustion. Really, take it easy whenever possible.
Something similar happened to me when I was pregnant. I got in a cab after a really long day at work and when I told the cab driver where I wanted to go he told me in Korean that he didn't know where that was. I was like, "Really? You don't know were Mokdong is?" I tried another location and he just kept repeating over and over, "I don't know." I was so angry I yelled at him in Korean, "I'm pregnant!!" And then got out of the cab and starting crying! I ended up taking the subway because I didn't want to have to deal with anymore cranky cab drivers!
Awww. looks like we have to go visit your place, wait for that bus, and give every bus driver a slap, and tell them to pass it on the the guy who didnt pick you up.
Sometimes people are so inconsiderate here!
It's not your baby thats small sweety, you are small and long. A few more months people will have to eat their words. And if all else fails, just bend your back and push your belly out further!!
Post a Comment