Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Cutest Little Nose!

Our appointment went very well today, despite a few disappointments. All that matters in the end is that baby is simply thriving and looks absolutely perfect.

I am so exhausted, so I will briefly type up some of the key points from the appointment:

--Hee Suk was not allowed in the ultrasound room. There are two different ultrasound labs: one connected to the doctor's office, and a whole separate room of rooms for the super ultrasounds (such as the NT scan). I thought it was beyond ridiculous and unjustified (they don't allow husbands at all in the super rooms), but there really was no way around it.

--Since it was just some tech doing the ultrasound, she obviously had no sort of relationship established with me. The room was dark, and a joyous thing didn't feel quite so joyous. For the first approximately 15 minutes, she got to see OUR baby in such great detail, taking tons of measurements and pictures, and I just had to sit there and wait quietly. I just don't get it.

--After an eternity, I got to see our baby for just over 2.5 minutes and hear the heartbeat. This is definitely wonderful, but it makes me envious of those who get to see the baby the entire time.

--She then did an internal ultrasound, and I saw nothing from that. I just felt it. -.-;

I did walk away with four photos and a CD-Rom of the ultrasound portion that I was permitted to see, though! I've watched it countless times already. I never tire of hearing his/her heartbeat. It's only made me more determined to figure out if Sesame is a boy or girl, though!

Our visit with the doctor was quick since she had to rush off to a delivery, but she basically said everything looks perfect at this point in time. From my blood tests, the only concern comes from the blood clot test. Normal is up to 14, and I measured at 14.8. She decided to have the test run again today to see if it was just a one-time deal or if I really am slower to clot. Thank God I was not cursed with a fear of needles. I'm not really concerned at all about this. I had just better watch those paper cuts.

--On measuring the heartbeat: I found out today that Koreans really don't bother measuring the heartrate of the baby unless something seems abnormal with it. Koreans really don't mess so much with the numbers.

Oh! Here are some good numbers, though:

From Mommy:

BP and BPM before the appointment stuff started
--106/63, 80bpm

After the NT Scan, before meeting the doctor--108/63, 69 bpm

Weight--Approximately 57.7kg, which is 126.94 lbs. I told Mom that any weight I had gained went down the toilet Friday night/Saturday morning. I basically view it as having maintained the same weight throughout pregnancy so far.

Baby!

Not too much to report, but...

Length--5.9cm, which is about 2.3 inches

Nuchal Fold (or whatever it is called)--About 1mm

And now I am completely out of it! What better way to close this entry with photos of our beautiful little Bonbon?






My Lord, there are truly no words. Despite my worries and fears, You have continued to show how mighty You truly are. Thank You, my Lord. Thank You.

5 comments:

Lolimahro said...

...
I am just blown away, almost completely speechless. Nothing can prepare you for the first time you see your baby's face. Look at that cute little nose! And the shiny little heartbeat!!

What a miracle! I am so, so happy for you. :D

Ridley327 said...

The pictures are absolutely adorable. I finally figured out how to watch the movie you sent me (me and my technologically challenged self). I am sure I will watch it over and over again. I am so glad you got a good report. Imagine the next time HeeSuk gets to see the baby on ultrasound. He will be amazed with the growth!! You are truly blessed!!!
Love,
Mom

NancyandMark said...

I'm so happy for you!! What a true blessing!

P.S. This is Nancy&Mark from the Nest.

Mama Seoul said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I sw you commented on my blog about the Korean translation for birth plan. Would you like to be a part of our Expat Moms Club Korea? E-mail me at mamaseoul at gmail dot com if you want to. We have many moms with recent birth experiences. There are better and worse places to have your bay. You might want to switch doctors/hospitals to a place where your husband can be more included.

JackieMac said...

Hey I did not know you had another blog - I just wanted to stay congrats again. I am very happy for you,