Saturday, April 4, 2009

No April Fools Here!

8w--April Fool's Day



Baby is measuring perfectly! The doctor said Sesame is between 16 and 17mm and gave us an official due date of November 10th. I'm still sticking with November 11th, though, and justifying it by saying November 10th American time. I just like the sound of November 11th better. That, and it's Pepero Day. Et cetera.

Our little one is sitting comfy under his/her yolk sack, which is that little circle you can see right above him/her. The top picture is easier to see that the head is on the left. It was incredible to see the heartbeat flickering so rapidly! The second picture is from when she zoomed in for us to more easily see the heartbeat. You'll see there that the ultrasound gave an estimated due date of November 8th, but that is definitely a few days too early according to my records.

Anyway, I did not cry like I expected I would. I was simply beaming. It was just so amazing to hear that our baby was measuring exactly as he/she should. I asked about the subchorionic hematoma, and she said Baby is definitely pushing it out, which I have noticed signs of. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect visit.
Ah, here were my stats:

109/61 - 70bpm - 56.85kg

I was concerned at first because my numbers were so far down from my last visit. Even though I've gotten a little bigger, my weight was even down 1kg, most likely due to a harder time eating or not quite as full a tummy before the visit. I think my blood pressure and heart rate were so much higher last time, though, because I was a little uncomfortable with the person who was in the "history taking room" asking us questions. Well, maybe not so much with her as with not being able to communicate directly with her and having to go through Hee Suk, who is often notorious for not translating things how I would like. Booger. Anyway, the doctor said all was well.

I had either 5 vials of blood taken for different tests, including liver function, Rh- antibodies and hemoglobin counts. Of course, the hospital wins again at telling me to empty my bladder before I see the doctor for the ultrasound (internal), and then telling me right after we see her that I need to go pee in a cup for them to analyze. This should be the last internal, though, so yay.

We will go back in at the 12-week mark, April 29th, and that will be our first true-blue tummy ultrasound. Koreans go crazy with ultrasounds! I think she mentioned doing another at 16 weeks, then at 20 weeks, but there is no need, except to hyperanalyze ever bit of progress. I will be fine waiting until 20 weeks, where we should hopefully get the big reveal of whether we are having a boy or girl! The doctor is apprehensive about telling, as it is very risky for the hospital's reputation to do so, but we're working the whole, "I'm American," thing over on her. ^.~

Anyway, it was just a wonderful visit.

8w1d
They say to stay away from hot dogs, but darnit, I hadn't had one in 9 months! It wasn't quite the all-beefer I was craving but it was good enough.


8w2d
I discovered this little gem on a quick shopping trip to get more of my special milk and cereal. It boasts 32 grams of protein! It's not half-bad, either. I just might need to stop up on this one.


8w3d
I missed the opportunity to take the picture I wanted to today, so instead, here are the only two juices I have been able to stand--Raspberry and Pomegranate. Lifesavers.

Today was a very long day, and I am simply wiped. We almost missed our stop on the subway, when we were on our way back home because we were so tired! Thankfully, I suddenly jolted up and said, "We need to get off!" Just in time.

That's about it for now!

God, You are certainly holding us in Your mighty hands. Thank You for never letting go.

2 comments:

The Hunt's, Inc. said...

Dear Baby Ko,
Grandma here. Please let your mom eat whatever she wants. You will have plenty of time later on to be fussy with what your likes/dislikes will be. Don't drive her too crazy just yet! Your only job right now is to grow, grow, grow!!! You have a lot of growing to do since I am hoping you will surpass your uncle's record of 10lbs 14oz. Hang tight little one, you are in for an awesome adventure.
Love, Grandma

Lolimahro said...

Yay, I am so happy for you, so in addition to my over-exuberant e-mail, I'm posting a CONGRATULATIONS here!!!

I think I lost a pound or two when I went in for my first couple of visits...don't worry, it comes back! Here's wishing you plenty of rest and food you can eat. :)

Dexter says hi to his little friend Sesame!