Thursday, April 23, 2009

Might just fall over...

I might fall asleep in the middle of this, but we'll see. Most likely, I'll go to the bathroom at least 20 times. Sentences and paragraphs will almost assuredly be short and scattered.

Not that it requires an extraordinary amount of energy, but I just don't have enough to upload pictures right now. Maybe next time. ^.~

So I wanted to post about hitting the 10-week mark last week. 10 weeks seems like it's hardly anything, but it signifies that we are 25% of the way through! That's just huge to me. It's just so incredible to thing about. Hee Suk tends to freak out a little when I tell him how many months we have left, so I spare him such updates. How far along we are is manageable, though.

What's amazing about 11 weeks is that in the weekly countdown, we are now in the 20s. 29 weeks! 28 weeks and 6 days! and so on. Those numbers seem so small to me! I might just regret that later, but for now, that's how it feels. What's also wonderful to think about is that next week marks 12 weeks. That just seems like a huge milestone. We'll just have to celebrate by going out to Fridays or something. ^.~

Speaking of food, holy hunger! I had a pretty big lunch and was hungry again shortly thereafter. I am convinced there is no such thing as being completely satisfied after a meal anymore. My current snacks of interest are grapes and those small red tomatoes. I've forgotten some English (as if the name of the tomatoes are common knowledge), so I can't remember what they're called. Vine tomatoes? Roma? Cute? My time ringing groceries was apparently in vain. I do know that bananas are 4011, though. That's important.

Not that you were inquiring, but I live in the bathroom now. I have some classes that are 1.5 hours long, and others that are 2 hours long. The break times I always offer are now going to be more of moments of salvation for me. I look at it as preparation for motherhood, though. Not sleeping through the night because of this obviously helps with preparation for the long nights with baby. (Mom--instead of hoping our baby beats his/her Uncle Steve's records, how about you wish Uncle Tony's early sleep patterns on us?) And going to the bathroom constantly throughout the day...maybe all of the constant diaper changes and feedings? That must be it.

I really am going to fall asleep. I had best be calling it quits for now!

We are so blessed by You, oh Lord. Please continue to teach me through all that I experience, opening my mind and my heart to Your wisdom.

2 comments:

Lolimahro said...

Cherry tomatoes!

I was all for grapes - the tannins in the red grapes, specifically, is what I have craved. Maybe once we start getting regular checks from Trin's new job I'll ask him to take me out on a date and have a glass of red wine...

The Hunt's, Inc. said...

Here is what I have determined sesame will inherit: Uncle Steve's size, Aunt Jen's baby patience, Uncle Jeff's silliness, Uncle Brian's kind heart and Uncle Tony's sense of adventure. So what does all this mean? You will have a big baby who is content, silly, smiley and walking at 8 months. I still remember the day the doctor told me not to expect Tony to walk until really late because he had so many brothers and sisters to do things for him. Yeah right!! Tony was off running at 8 months showing you all he was one of the gang!! Can't wait to see the U/S pictures on the 29th--just realized that's the 28th for me!!!
Love,
Mom