9w6d
So. Several out there have been saying that we must have a girl. Several out there are praying for a boy. We, of course, will be delighted either way. I just had to share, though, that shortly before we found out we were expecting, I bought this Anastasia DVD in mind for our future daughter. Only God knows if we will ever have one, but my goodness. For like $6, I couldn't pass this up since it is in both English and Korean! I might have to force this movie on our boy if we have a son, LOL.
♥
10w
Belly pic! To me, there's a bit of growth. You all probably think I am nuts, though. This is NOT a full tummy! I ate right after taking this picture. ^.~
10w1d
I had had enough of not having my Wii set up, so I finally set it up again. This really is important enough for a picture. I think the faces in this picture truly capture the whole heavenly essence around it. And yes, this is relevant to pregnancy. I want Wii Fit so bad, but on crummy feeling days, its Super Mario RPG and the likes.
10w2d
Believe it or not, this is our fridge. (Freezer is below.) The smell of doom seems to be fading now! Hallelujah!
10w3d
For those not keeping track, this was Saturday. I confined myself to bed rest with a few doses of Wii and America's Next Top Model. My bum was sore by the end of the day for being on it for so long.
10w4d
Sunday deserves its own post. Hee Suk had to go out, so Sesame and I went for a walk by Cheongyecheon (Cheongye Stream). It turned into a three-hour outing! It was a perfect day, and it was just an incredible time. This picture is from a sort of mini museum we stopped by. I will type more details about the walk and share more pictures in a separate post, I think.
10w5d
Mom's package finally arrived! In it were a Bella Band and an adorable mommy and baby bear that say, "Now I lay me down to sleep..." when you press the paw. I was skeptical about the BeBand at first, but I am a believer now! It looked so small, but I hardly feel any pressure at all (which is super important to me right now). Thanks, Grandma! ^.~
And if you can't tell, my pants are ghetto-low in this picture. Like I said, no pressure, thank you.
♥
10w6d
10w6d
So I am cheating a little and using a picture from something that happened yesterday (Monday), but it is too good to pass up. Plus, I took the picture today, darnit. Here's the story:
I have one student (Korean age 7, but she hasn't turned 6 quite yet in American years) who just doesn't get this "mixed" stuff. When she first met my husband and me, she couldn't understand how a Korean and an American could get married. (I didn't know this until yesterday when I was laughing with her mom about what happened in class.) Now that we are having a baby, she absolutely CANNOT imagine what he/she will look like.
So in class on Monday, she asked me, "Twins? Twins?" "Two babies? No, one baby." "Huh? So English baby or Korean baby?" "Both! Half-Korean, half-American." Still unable to comprehend, I tried telling her about how my husband has black hair, and I have blonde hair (easy enough for them to understand). When you mix, it makes brown hair! Our baby will have brown hair!
Well, she couldn't get passed thinking about the black and blonde hair, so she said, "Ah! One side will be black, the other side blonde!" I was laughing so hard at this point.
I decided to use my pen of a million colors to explain it to them (there were two students that day). I said, "When you mix blue and red, it makes purple, right?" "Yes! I know, I know!" "Blue and yellow makes green..." Etc, etc. Well, she again got caught up on the first example, so she started thinking we're having either a purple baby or a baby with purple hair. I was beside myself in laughter! I told her mom about it after class, and we just laughed together. I mentioned one popular model who is 50/50 that just about everyone knows and told her it would be good to point him out to her daughter the next time he appears on TV (he's in several commercials). I am also going to show pictures of my friend and his wife and their beautiful half-American, half-Chinese baby on Thursday, I think. It's just too hilarious, the things children say.
Anyway, more later! I need to get to my last class of the day.

1 comment:
I love the stories about your students. They are too funny!! Glad the BeBand is working out. We just put up a classic Pooh endcap in the baby department. I think of you each time I walk by it. I will keep my eye on it to see when it will go clearance. Ah clearance, my favorite band. Can't wait to hear the drs. report next week.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment