And he/she is only the size of grape!
Since the weekend, I've really felt the fatigue. At the end of the day, I just want to cry because I feel so tired. I try to take naps in the afternoon, but sometimes, those make me cry, too, because I can't fall asleep. OK, so I haven't really been crying about all of that, but I've been on the verge.
I had three classes this afternoon, and I announced our pregnancy to all of the students in those classes. It was so wonderful, much better than I could have ever imagined! In the second class I had (these children are about 5-6 American age), I showed them the picture of our ultrasound I had taken with my phone and asked them if they new what it was. They were like, "A baby...?" And I said, "Yes--whose baby?" "Teacher's baby?" And they were just wildly excited. In that class, there are two girls and one boy, and the two girls kept rubbing my tummy. It was the cutest thing ever. One girl told her mom (the other parents hadn't come yet), and she was just thrilled for us because she had apparently been wondering when we were finally going to have a baby. It was so much fun to see the children getting so excited. When I left, they kept saying, "Bye, Baby!"
The hilarious part was them asking me if our baby was a Korean baby or an English baby. I told them half-Korean, half-English (I don't think they would have understood half-Korean, 25% Polish and 25% Scandinavian and other European mix), and then they thought I meant I had TWO babies. They wound up understanding, though, and just thought it was the coolest thing ever. They can hardly imagine what our baby is going to look like, though, coming from such a homogeneous country!
I did pretty much the same thing with the student I had after that class, and her family was thrilled as well. The first class I had, I was sitting after class eating some cookies and having a yogurt drink with my two students (about American age 6-7) and their mothers and decided it was a good chance to make the announcement. One student is new, and her mother apparently made a connection between some of the things we said when we visited their house and the announcement of us having a baby. (In Korea, people will always ask if you have children and if not, what your general plans are. This drove me PSYCHO for awhile.)
And yes, I was questioned about riding my bike, but I assured them it was fine. ;P
Goodness, I wanted to type more, but I am going to go lay down instead. Tim Gunn's Guide to Style is on, so I think I will indulge.
Thank You, my King!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a pain to be so sleepy! I hate when you get to the point of exhaustion where you have trouble falling asleep!
That's so cute about your students wanting to know what the baby is "going to be"...and thinking you were having two babies! lol! Oh sweet, naive Korean kiddies! ;)
You're in my thoughts, hun!
Angela,
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! The baby is not kicking your butt, you are overdoing!!!!! (Understand nothing will be my grandchild's fault). I hope you are taking it easy. The emotions are high right now, but that will settle down for the second trimester and swing back for the third. Don't make me have to come over there or worse yet, make me have to send dad. LOL! The package is on the way!!!!!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment