Thursday, December 10, 2009

One Month!


Yesterday, we went to Igloo Self-Photo Studio to take some photos for this year's Christmas card and for other purposes. I haven't taken the time to resize the photos so that they don't take up all of my storage limit, so here are just a couple for now. We are very happy with how they turned out. I love these self studios!



Anyway, going back to the topic, Nehemiah is one month old today! It feels both as though time has gone quickly and as if it's been longer than that. He has gotten so big. We'll find out tomorrow just how much he has grown. He is getting so strong as well. He can lift his head so high and support it himself while vertical for quite some time. He doesn't do it to his Appa, but he sure likes to kick me sometimes!

Nehemiah and I spent the day mostly alone, however. Hee Suk's father passed away about one hour before our little one's exact one-month mark, so he is down in Daegu now. It still makes my heart ache that he will never be able to meet him. Hee Suk said that Nehemiah's picture was displayed next to his bed, which I think is very special.

I will update again soon with his stats from tomorrow's visit to the doctor. I wish Hee Suk could be there. I need someone to hold me as I hold Nehemiah while he's getting his shots. Okay, I am joking. Sort of.

Otherwise, it's late, and I am finally finishing up dinner while the diapers are now rinsing. I was so proud of myself because I felt like I was doing really well with managing my time to be sure I finished everything up by a decent time, but Mr. Cranky Pants was extra clingy tonight and had no idea what he wanted. Either way, today did go much better than my previous "mommy and me" days, so I am happy. He really is a wonderful baby. We are greatly blessed.

Lord, please hold Hee Suk and all those whose lives his father touched in Your arms as they mourn. Please also continue to shape Nehemiah in Your image according to Your will, helping him simply thrive through the days, weeks, months and years.

5 comments:

Mama Seoul said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Hee Suk's father.

On the shots, have your boob out and ready to go right after the shots or nurse him during his shots.

It really helped Ian and Eva. With Ian, if you nursed during the shot, he didn't really notice it much (or at all) and breastfeeding calmed him instantly if he did cry.

Eva gets a lot more hysterical so I hold her tightly and then put her on to nurse.

~*~ Rita Danielle ~*~ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Hee Suk's father. Your family will be in our prayers.
Nehmiah is so handsome!!! I love both of the pictures but the Christmas one is just too adorable for words! Hope you and your family have a blessed first Christmas with your little man!

Alfee said...

Sorry for your loss Angela and Hee Suk. I hope Hee Suk is okay.

It's good to hear Nehemiah is doing so well.

Lolimahro said...

I am so sorry for the loss of Hee Suk's father. We will keep you in our prayers.

I am amazed at how big your little boy is getting so quickly!

MommyCha said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Nehemiah's grandfather. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.