Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Big Baby

Nehemiah weighed in at 5.46kg (12 lbs) today! My husband and I were thinking more like 5kg. I can't believe it, though my arms certainly can. This boy is huge. He is 57.2cm (22.5in) long now, though I am always skeptical of how accurate those measurements are. He took his Hep B shot like a man--just cried for two seconds and was back to sleep.

We had to go see a specialist after his appointment to check his left hip more. It's still clicking, which I knew, so we needed to be sure there weren't any problems. Praise God, everything looks normal! I was so worried that we would have to put him in a harness or cast. If it's still clicking after 5 months, we have to check it again, but otherwise, all is well.

I also had an appointment today. My blood pressure seemed high, but that's because I didn't let myself rest a little before taking it. I weighed in at 63.8kg (140.36 lbs). That is roughly 6kg (a little over 13 lbs) over my pre-pregnancy weight at one month post-partum.

My doctor commented on my bosom, lol. She was surprised how small I still am despite exclusively breastfeeding. Of course, size doesn't matter, but it does seem like most women do go up quite a bit. For me, these are big. ^o^

Anyway, the little mister is currently in his carrier because nothing else will satisfy him. I need to do a write-up of my favorite baby products so far for sure. As such, I will keep it short for today.



God is so incredibly good!

2 comments:

The Hunt's, Inc. said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Nehemiah. I showed it to everybody at work and they couldn't get over how "grown-up" you were. Big babies rule!!!
Love,
Mom

tryingin2007 said...

so sweet! and getting SO big!