Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Small Victories



On the bus this morning, there was a nice seat waiting for me. It seems that after a recent news report which showed several instances of pregnant women with big bellies standing while young people occupied the seats designated for the elderly, handicapped and pregnant, not giving a care, they are starting to try to do more to make sure that the people who should get those seats do.

This particular sign is for "Pregnant Women Care," and it actually states to leave the seat open, not just to give it up if someone who is pregnant comes along. It's cute and pink and impossible to miss. We'll see how many buses adopt the sticker and how many people will actually abide by it!

Free Photos!
A little over a month ago, I found a photo studio online called Paran that does maternity and children's pictures that I just fell in love with. The studio we had originally reserved with (we have a completely different photo game plan now--and we do get our deposit back!) is also wonderful, but this one is just more artistic, which I love. On the 15th of every month, they have a little competition for each of their four studios where the first seven people to post their contact information at 11am get free maternity photos.

We were going to try last month, but that was the day we had decided to go to Ilsan for the KINTEX baby fair. I figured we have two more chances anyway, so let's pass. Hee Suk had figured out a trick at that time to ensure a win, but after practicing last night and this morning, it didn't work! He has enough experience doing these timed things, though, that he was easily able to beat out about 75 other people (for the location we chose alone!) to place in the top seven. I will get the photos I want for free! Of course, they'll find some way to try to make money off of us, but still. I am very excited. We'll go in about a month to take the photos.

If you go to their website, click "Gallery" and then click on "Loen," you can see samples from the location we are going to.

I also get free photos from the studio we had originally planned on going to (Apple Tree) due to another little thing we won. I'm pretty sure we're not going to need to pay to have any done!

That's the excitement for today. ^^

In other news, our son has decided that keeping his foot sticking out of my side is either comfortable or just plain hilarious for both son and father with the faces I end up making. It feels like he has a knife in there! It's reassuring to know that he's in a great position, though. It just makes scuttling to the bus a little more difficult when it feels like you've got a knife sticking out of you.

That's all I've got for now. Time to go put my feet up for a bit!

Our Lord, thank You for the great care You have shown us, the unconditional love that You hold us tightly with. I pray for all of the babies who were due in November but have already made their appearances. Please bless their families and help them continue to thrive. I would also pray that our November baby stays as such, but may it all be done according to Your will.

3 comments:

MommyCha said...

Good for you guys, that is great! We've discovered now ways to get cheap or free photography, but we paid for a big package through our hospital. No regrets cause we didn't have nice wedding photos and we got lots of framed photos and great albums. But for his 1 year, we got free photography at the party by posting online. Our Korean friend put an advertisement on a cafe, and the photographer did free photography in return for using the photos on her site in her portfolio. They were great, we were really happy! Keep that in mind for future photo shoots as well!
Cheers!

TexasBobbi said...

I feel for you the last bit is so painful, we didn't get an maternity photos and I regret that.

~*~ Rita Danielle ~*~ said...

How awesome that your getting free maternity photos!!! I love the pregnant woman care sign too and the fact that the young people have been made more aware that they need to respect the bump and give up their seat! Love your photo from last week too! Can't wait to see your Paran photos!!!