While our little man still loves to wiggle around, I think he's picked his position. Even though trying to belly map left me more than frazzled when trying to figure it all out, I think we've got our answer now thanks to our son's new favorite way to kick mommy around!
Not only have his hiccups been fairly consistently low, his new trick is to use his feet to push against my belly towards the upper right side, which causes a bulge towards the middle and lower left side as he stretches out his back. As he plays around right now, he's sticking his bottom up nice and high (I don't like pressing firmly on my belly to figure this things out, but there's no mistaking his little tushy right now!). Knowing what little I do, I'd say most of his movements these days are wiggling from anterior to posterior to transverse or what have you. All I know is that he is in a generally good position right now, so I am not even going to think twice about the direction he is facing at this point since it can change even right before delivery.
Anyway, thank you for allowing me a moment to brag about how awesome we think our son is. ^.~
In other news, he was hilarious in church today. We are desperately trying to find a decent one, and unfortunately, today's visit was not very promising. He slept during the sermon, and when the music guy came back out, he started playing around. When the music kept playing and the music man was talking/praying while everyone bowed their heads, he started doing his new favorite stretch that I mentioned above (I think he's not too happy about it getting more cramped in there!). It's actually pretty uncomfortable for me because the spot where he pushes off is very tender (my guess would be that he might have bruised it at some point in time!). (He's trying to show off this position as I type, by the way.) I think he was tired of listening to the music guy talk. Hee Suk had his hand on my belly, and we just kept laughing together with our heads bowed. This boy is crazy!
When we came home, I said to him, "You were a trouble in church today, weren't you?" His little voice came to my mind with a reply of, "No, I was just trying to make it fun!" We'll have our hands full with this one, that's for sure!
At any rate, that's all the excitement I have to share for now. He says hi to all of you out there as he contorts my belly in the strangest of ways.
Oh, I do have one more story!
In the elevator on up to our apartment, Hee Suk asked me, "Can he break the waters with his kicks?" He's so worried that our son is going basically kick his way out early. It was adorable (and funny, nonetheless!).
Thank You, my Lord, for blessing us with such an active and healthy little one thus far. We pray that we are able to find a great church soon where we can worship You while fellowshipping with others and seek continual renewal for our spirits.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Too Cute.
I wonder if he and Dexter will be friends, and how much trouble they might get into together?
I'm kind of cringing right now, but still laughing inside. I'm so happy for you. =D
Post a Comment