I will not be attending yoga class any longer. It is a prenatal yoga class, but we spent almost the entire time on our backs! I couldn't believe when she first had us lie down flat on our backs, and I just remained shocked when we basically never got up. When we got to one move in particular that I thought was a clear 'no' in pregnancy, I almost started crying. I just wanted to have a good class.
I was the farthest along, but there were two other November mommies there who must have been uncomfortable as well. I just couldn't believe she had us do that. I'm really questioning whether or not she is certified in prenatal yoga instruction. Oh, well.
At the beginning of class, she talked about how several people had canceled because of fear of contracting the flu. It seems like some people are confining themselves to their homes in all of this, but I can't imagine doing so (and I am very much a home-body!). That has issues of its own.
Anyway, two or three other women in the class (of 9, including me) attend the same hospital we do. At least one of them was a women due within a week of us, so I said to her in my head, "You'd better not deliver the same day I do!" because I don't want "competition" for the private room. ^.~
I will continue to do my lessons at home. I really enjoy them, so we should be good to go there. I may try to get a DVD as well, but we'll see. We also begin our three-week Sohprology course this weekend, so we may learn some techniques that will be useful to practice together. I do expect that to go better than this class did!
At any rate, I am very tired and have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Praise be to God for how greatly He has blessed us!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That totally weirds me out that they would have you do "prenatal" yoga flat on your back! Uh, pretty sure that's totally not okay for both mom and baby!
But delicious shabu shabu sounds like it totally (or at least partially) made up for it!
Arg! Lying ont the back sucks!!!
Prenatal Yoga by Shiva Rea was the video I used all through my pregnancy. I think she has post-partum workouts, too. The women in the videos are actually pregnant, including Shiva (supposedly), and they are in 3 different trimesters. You don't have to use any special mats or materials other than what you would find at home.
I'm thinking about ordering a safety gate online from amazon - so far what I've found on gmarket is more expensive than buying something from the US and having it shipped via Bongo. If I make the $25 minimum, Amazon will ship my stuff to bongo for free! So if you want anything, let me know. ;)
Wishing you happy, comfortable days!
Being on my back made me unable to continue naturally! Back labour kicked in and I just couldn't get back to my hypnobirthing state! I can't believe the Yoga was all on your back too!!! IIm glad you found some to do at home that works, and hope you find a sleep solution. Do you have a body pillow? That really helped me!! Cheers!
Lolimahro--That's totally the DVD I have spent a great deal of time trying to get without paying the full price for it. I contacted a million people on eBay, and no one was willing to ship internationally. ;~;
Post a Comment