Wednesday, September 2, 2009

30 Weeks

Whether you say it was yesterday or today, we are 30 weeks now! Just about 10 weeks to go now--that's quite a bit to take in!

In about an hour, I will head off to my first actual yoga class. I am pretty excited, but I've also got a little bit of my anxiety thing going on. I know it'll be fine/great, but I'm just weird like that sometimes. Following the videos online every day has been working well, too.

Sleep is synonymous with torture these days. Other than the mornings where I have to be up really early, me getting out of bed in the morning feels as though I've lost a battle, that I've simply raised the white flag on being able to get some decent sleep. I know that once baby comes, I certainly won't be getting any more shut-eye, but it will be for a different reason. I'm not getting any now because my hip is just in so much pain from lying on it. I seem to do better when I am able to position myself slightly across my pillows to lie my head on Hee Suk's pillow, but this option is a rarity. That man moves all over the place during the night. The couple of times I have been able to do this, I wound up getting either elbowed or uppercut. It wasn't anything serious, but it is kind of funny.

It's wearing on me, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

On Sunday, we decided to look for a good place to get some shabu shabu. Hee Suk was turning up a few random results, so I suggested we just go to a buffet that we had been to once before that had a shabu shabu add-on option. We found a discount through G-Market and were on our way. It was pretty heavenly and definitely the best choice given that we were both starving by the time we arrived. The shabu shabu wasn't as good as the one we had had in Busan, but it was good enough for sure! There were a few salads that I really enjoyed, and I was also able to eat some pumpkin like I had been craving.

We had a really great time stuffing ourselves full there and walked around the Gwanghwamun area to let our tummies settle a bit. It is really beautiful now that they've finished the little park and Haechi museum that's connected to the subway. I just couldn't stop smiling. It was just a really perfect night. I will try to share pictures soon. (It's perfect for children, for those reading who might be interested!)

Otherwise, our little one is definitely doing a lot of growing in there! It will be interesting to see what he measures at at our next appointment. I don't put too much faith in the measurements, but they might be slightly more accurate since it will be a level II ultrasound. We'll see.

That's all for now! Many blessings~

3 comments:

Lolimahro said...

Have you got a body pillow yet? I think I saw one at Home Plus the other day...or maybe it was Namdaemun? Anyway, hope you can get some good sleep!

akoto said...

We've got five pillows on our bed, and I've never been a fan of body pillows. I would get way too hot with one these days, anyway. If I can sleep in my ideal position, I'm pretty much fine. That would mean Hee Suk isn't able to really sleep, though! Oh, how I miss our king size bed... ;~;

TexasBobbi said...

You don't even need a body pillow, do you have a boppy style pillow? If so use it to prop your belly up that is what is making your hip hurt.