Wednesday, November 10, 2010

~Happy Birthday~

It is now 2:12am, just 10 minutes after Nehemiah was born one year ago. He's been on this earth for one year, with us for about 21 months, in our hearts much longer and known by name by God since creation.

Though he is sleeping, we went by his side and spent his "birth moment" with him. I can't even think of typing without tears swelling in my eyes.

He is an absolutely amazing little boy loved so dearly by so many. We are so, so very blessed. There truly are no words.

When emotions settle a bit, I will try to reflect and type more. For now, I can at least laugh and say that I feel as though I deserve an award for not dropping him once.

If only you could see and feel my heart right now. Nehemiah, we love you. We love you, we love you. Giving my life would still not feel adequate enough to thank God for sending you to us. You are such a Godsend, and we are blessed so, so far beyond measure.

You are so incredibly and dearly loved, Nehemiah.

4 comments:

The Hunt's, Inc. said...

Happy First Birthday, Nehemiah. Grandma gave you a tribute on Facebook.

Marla said...

Happy birthday to Nehemiah!

Lolimahro said...

Nehemiah is so blessed to have such loving parents! I have a poem for you (by Walter Dean Myers):

Love that boy,
like a rabbit loves to run
I said I love that boy
like a rabbit loves to run
Love to call him in the morning
love to call him
"Hey there, son!"

He got long roads to walk down
Before the setting sun.
I said he got a long, long road to walk down
Before the setting sun.
He’ll be a long stride walker,
And a good man before he done.

dalki said...

Happy Birthday Nehemiah!!!!
Can't believe it's been a year already Angela!
I hope he's feeling much better and is on the mend.
Ian is also getting really big,and now has a little brother (Noah) to look out for!
Take care!