Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sleep



It's been a very exhausting past couple of weeks with a couple of new classes starting up and some filmings mixed in there. To date, I've never really felt exhausted because of anything to do with Nehemiah--a true blessing indeed. Though I wish I could sleep in more many days, I feel fine throughout the day.

I just learned very quickly, though, that catching up on sleep is a whole new ordeal.

I find it very difficult to sleep during the day. For the past couple of weeks, when time has permitted, I've tried to nap a little while Nehemiah was playing with his Appa or while the little monkey was sleeping, and it just was not happening, leaving me feeling even more tired and groggy.

Yesterday, though, I was finally able to get a nap in. I fed him in the side-lie position, which sometimes help him get to sleep better, and decided that instead of moving him, I would just try to lie with him there (which I obviously felt comfortable doing). Wouldn't you know, I was able to catch what might have just been a cat nap, but it was exactly what I needed. I felt so incredibly much better after that. It's amazing what a difference a little extra sleep can make.

Otherwise, all is well. Nehemiah continues to thrive. He grabs things so well now and has great focus while playing the "crane game." He sure does have a lot to say as well. In just a few days, he will turn 3 months, and in 10 days, it will be his 100-day birthday (which is hugely important here). We are taking him to the doctor next Thursday for his first Hib shot, so I will have some updated stats then. (We've decided to pass on PCV and Rotavirus for now.)

That's about it for now!

Dear Lord, there is nothing we could have ever done to warrant such incredible blessings from You, but You continue to bless us more and more each day, through every little giggle and smile and even in those moments where it's hard to figure out what to do. I pray we never take for granted any of these things. I pray that our lives might serve to be a testament to Your faithfulness, your love and mercy, and that day-by-day, we might glorify You through every decision we make.

1 comment:

The Hunt's, Inc. said...

Nehemiah,
I printed out this picture of you and have it on my desk at work. I love you and miss you very much.
Love,
Grandma