Monday, January 11, 2010

2 Months



As of yesterday, our little Nehemiah is now 2 months old! In the two weeks we were in MN, he developed so incredibly much. He holds his head up so well, and his eye focus has greatly improved. He certainly loved looking at his aunt and uncles and grandparents! He also loved seeing his great grandmothers, though he did show a preference for one over the other, we shall say. His coordination has also shown vast improvements, as he loves to either sit in his bouncer or lie on his playmat and just flail about. It actually looks like he is marching. I am simply amazed by how full of life he is.

The day after we got back, well, I suppose it was the same day considering we arrived back home closer to 1am, I set up his new playmat to give it a go. I had briefly tried it while in MN, but he wasn't really having it. When I was setting it up, he was having a fit. After I lied him down, he still wasn't having it, so I took one of the toys and shook it next to his ear a little loudly to get his attention. He finally calmed down and has absolutely loved his playmat ever since.

After much debate and a final battle that came down to the Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym and the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym, we went with Baby Einstein, and I am so glad we did. I owe a major thanks to my older brother for helping me decide. (The decision for him came down to giraffe versus octopus, and he said that an octopus is way cooler than a giraffe. I like his logic!)

Comparing them online again, we really are getting a better value out of the one we purchased. Nehemiah LOVES the mirror (just like his father...), and the one in our set is nice and big and can easily go in his crib as well. The Fisher Price one is much smaller and not as easy to just place anywhere. Also, the sound and lights gadget in the Neptune set can be taken off as well and placed in his crib. We have definitely gotten a lot of use out of it because of this! I don't know about the other one, but ours has three sound features: continual, motion activated and button activated.

Buyer Beware! Toys 'R' Us charges $10 more than Target for the Neptune playmat! I wasted time and money going to Toys 'R' Us for it to wind up buying it again at Target and returning it because that's a huge difference to me. Don't get me started on how diapers there are a rip-off as well.

Anyway, the whale is nice and soft and can be used for tummy time.





That was hard work!


For quite some time, he has been able to lift his head really high, but he had only ever done so while on our tummies. Right after playing with the whale, something clicked in him, and he is now able to just pop right on up himself. I don't have any good pictures yet because I keep making movies of it, but I will snap some next time.

He is also quite mobile for a little guy who can't crawl yet. We have to be extra careful about where we put him now because he just scoots all over the place somehow, whether he's on his tummy or on his back.

His little cooing sounds are just as adorable as can be. It's so fun to have little "conversations" with him. He really does enjoy talking to his animal friends and to himself in the mirror.

Anyway, we are so proud of our little one and so incredibly blessed to have him in our lives. We will be at the doctor on Wednesday to see just how much he has grown, so I will certainly post those stats.

God bless!

3 comments:

The Hunt's, Inc. said...

Way to go Nehemiah!!! We are so very proud of you!!! I agree with Uncle Jeff, whales are way cooler then giraffes!!
Love,
Grandma

TexasBobbi said...

How sweet we also have the BE playmat that belongs to a friend. Which we will be using again. Look at him grow it is just too crazy how fast it all happens.

tryingin2007 said...

what a gorgeous baby!