I just want to quickly type up a couple of things before I forgot when they happened.
Nehemiah has been trying to sleep at later times, but I've been trying to get him to go to bed earlier. We still have one side of his crib down as it is placed up next to our bed, so it worries me to have him on his tummy while I am sleeping with him being so mobile. (Yes, he does get to sleep on his tummy whenever he so pleases.) And yes, he is quite mobile.
Thus, I've started a new routine of swaddling him since he sometimes is a little more restless in his sleep if he is simply on his back sometimes. The first night I did this, three nights ago (the 24th), he was lying down in his crib, and I sang him to sleep. It was just so sweet and special to me.
What happens now is that we put him to sleep all swaddled up, and after he wakes up for a feeding, I unswaddle him because he falls right back asleep while eating. This is working very well for us so far.
When he sleeps, he sometimes laughs. Recently, his laughs have started to change a little to that more familiar chuckle that babies make. It is super cute. Today, when his Appa was holding him before his bath, he really did laugh. It was so adorable. I don't expect it to be a regular occurance just yet, but it's fun to be on the lookout for.
I feel like there is something else, but it's not coming to me at the moment. I had an awful nice last night with some psycho nightmares (thankfully none concerning Nehemiah), so I am just beat. I have to be up way early the next few days, so you probably won't see much of me, for those who connect with me on other sites.
That's about all I have for now. Sending lots of love and many prayers from the three of us. ♥
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment