Thursday, November 12, 2009

He's Here!






Nehemiah Pyeongan Ko was born on his due date, November 10th, 2009, at 2:02am, weighing 4.2kg (9.24lbs) and measuring 53.8cm (21.18in). This technically goes along with my dream since it was November 9th in the states. ^.~ The labor was completely natural, and I wasn't even numbed for the millions of stitches I suppose I wound up with for internal tears (but perineum is okay!). I was the hero of the history of the hospital pretty much.

I don't think I wrote this, but after our last visit to the doctor at 39 weeks, I told Hee Suk he was going to be a 0-10 baby. I wasn't dialated or showing really any progress at all. He totally was a 0-10 baby, and active labor went very quickly. I will share more details later.

Recovery has been more difficult because my tailbone has shown me no mercy. Yesterday, I was finally able to start using my donut pillow to semi-comfortably sit. That and my breastfeeding pillow have been lifesavers today.

He is a perfect little angel, even though his first diaper change at home resulted in us needing to wash our comforter. We are both amazed by him and have been brought to tears of joy many times. We are blessed more than we could have ever deserved. God is so amazing.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We are so, so incredibly blessed.

16 comments:

Mama Seoul said...

Congratulations! Awesome job, mama!

MommyCha said...

Hope you heal swiftly and get to enjoy every little moment with him! We can't wait to meet him! BIG HUGS!
PS-Expect something by delivery shortly. ^.~

Brenda said...

congratulation to both you and your husband for your little Bonbon's safe arrival! Enjoy him!

Lolimahro said...

Yay! I can't say it enough!! God is so good. ^^ As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything. ^_-

Samantha Marie said...

Congrats!!!! He is gorgeous! And wow, a big boy! I'm glad you are recovering. Can't wait to hear the story. And yes, watch out at diaper changes. It took me a few weeks before I got the hang of it.

Enjoy these next few weeks! They go by fast. And I hope you and your DH are getting some sleep! :-)

Brittany said...

Oh he is so precious, Angela! Thank you for sharing some pictures of your little angel. I'm so happy that he is well, and that you are well too. I cannot wait to hear more details on your labor!

Congratulations to you and Hee Suk :)

*hugs*

Jaded Seoul said...

He is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you and HS! Congratulations!!!!

~*~ Rita Danielle ~*~ said...

He's so beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! I hope your recovery gets easier and I'm so happy to hear he's a perfect angel for you :o)

Sarah said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful, and I love his name. So glad that you made it through the labor alright-- I'm looking forward to hearing more.

TexasBobbi said...

Congrats, he is amazing. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to read the birth story.

Susan said...

Congratulations! What a cutie!

dalki said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! To all 3 of you!! He's adorable!

Alfee said...

Hahaha, be prepared for many more comforter washings!! I had to get a new couch! Sounds like youre having a great time learning to be a mum.

San said...

Congrats on his arrival!!! Very happy to hear! Do take good care of yourself..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's gorgeous. I hope your recovery goes well. Sounds like you have an awesome birth story to tell!

Free said...

What a handsome boy! Congratulations! Seeing his pictures makes me excited to see our baby girl who is due in a little over 4 weeks!
One question---how was the pain, doing it all natural? I'm asking because I am having our baby at a birth center with a nurse midwife and it will be all natural as well. However, I am a little nervous about it all. Just wanting to hear your description. Thanks!
Freda