Friday, July 2, 2010

That Crazy Boy

Mr. Nehemiah is a master at pulling himself up onto...everything. There is no ledge too high that he can't pull himself up with, be it his crib, the sofa...he even likes to use the window to get up. I had been all for having a baby that does everything early, but now I am wishing he would slow down a little! It's in his genetics, though.

He loves to talk and to hear himself talk. In the morning sometimes, I'll play around with him on our bed, and he'll just lay on his back making random noises just to hear himself. I'll have to try to get a video of him blabbing on because he is just hilarious. (I think hilarious has got to be one of the top five most used words in this blog.)

Separation Anxiety. Big time. Combine that with his newfound skills, and you have one heck of a time getting him to stay down for bed. He'll be utterly exhausted at dinner time, then I'll feed him to the point of him falling asleep in my arms, but as soon as I lie him down in his crib, if he's not completely out, he's doing a world tour of his crib.

Raspberries. He is the master. If you've got an open piece of skin, he's blowing raspberries on you. I do have a video of this and will try to upload it sometime soon.

He had a blast swimming for the first time. He was scared at first because it was a bit loud and because he feels more comfortable being able to touch the ground, but once we got to the baby pool, it was his territory.

A few photos:






The dinosaur tube is his, and the Pororo one belonged to Spa Plus. We thought he would love the Pororo tube more because it had a squeaky horn and whatnot, but he is very partial to his own. If I have the energy, I will do a separate post detailing our adventures.

I feel like I had more to type, but my mind isn't functioning very well right now. Nehemiah truly is the light of our lives.

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Lolimahro said...

So, did the dinosaur one have a little seat in it? I'm contemplating getting one for Dexter but don't know what type to get. The ones for kids under 3 go around their head above the shoulders, and in the pictures they just look so uncomfortable. But I'd like to take him to the pool sometime in the near future.