Nehemiah is just incredible. I don't know what more could truly be said. He can be a little punk sometimes, sentencing either of us to timeouts if he wills (usually just to get a fun rise out of us), and he can be the most gentle angle. He really hurt my finger today by sitting on it while it was bent, and after I cried out in pain, he realized he was more-or-less the cause of it and started stroking my head gentle and saying sorry, also offering me plenty of kisses. This was in stark contrast to his father, who was sitting right next to us and didn't even look up from his notebook to see why I had cried out. Glad to see he's taking more after me. ^.~
He understands both English and Korean extremely well. At this point, he speaks Korean a little better, but part of it is just because many words and phrases are a lot easier to say in Korean.
He loves watching out favorite comedy program with us on Sunday nights and doing the skits along with the comedians.
Potty training is going very well, though we still have a way to go. We are not pushing him and are basically letting him set the pace and cheering him along the way.
He picked the bow and arrow on his first birthday, signifying that he would be an athlete, and so far, it has not been wrong. He jumps and runs incredibly well, and he amazes us with his throwing talents. He's also crazy strong.
He weighs about 14.5kg/32-lbs and is about 3ft tall (roughly 93cm). We are broken records when we see our friends' children and comment on how light they are. I love having a big boy, though.
Definitely knows how to work the iPad better than his father. His phone, too.
Sly as sly can be. Quite the actor and faker.
Loves the help with everything: cooking, cleaning carrying things, etc.
Professional Bug Killer. We have these tiny bugs I hear are called cigarette beetles that are just annoying, and when he spots one, he gets this serious and determined look on his face, runs to get me to grab a tissue, picks them up and flushes them down the toilet.
He has never watched anything with guns or Power Ranger-esque at home, but apparently all of his friends have, as he shows us his new moves all of the time.
Great with colors and getting there with numbers.
Knows all of the Blue's Clues songs and dances. Oh, yes. I'm talking original Blue's Clues, the golden stuff.
Other favorites, sometimes in varying degrees: Sid the Science Kid, Robocar Poli, Tayo the Little Bus and Pororo.
Not so fond of: Skippy Jon Jones, the siamese cat who wants to be a superhero chihuahua. Still working on that one, Ciotka.
He used to melt down when I leave the house, but he loves it now and pushes me out the door. Why? Apparently, iPad wins over mommy. He asks his Appa right away for it. Guess who's busted for being lazy when I leave to work on Saturdays?
The list could go on and on, but those are some highlights.
His 2nd Birthday




(Please don't mind the "watermark". I have a Korean blog I try to post in regularly to help develop my Korean. I know, it sounds lame that I would post there instead of here sometimes, but that's one of the bazillion things I have been up to.)
Christmas
(For the sake of speed, I just exported them "for email" in lightroom, which produces really low-quality results. Sorry!)




He loves elephants right now, so Grandma got him an elephant bank that makes noises when you put money in. She also got him the red Christmas pajamas and the Harajuku Mini outfit. He looks so hardcore in his HM outfit, but it apparently comes with attitude, as he will not let me get agood photo of him in it. I had to settle for TV time with elephant.
We've been blessed so much more than we could have ever imagined by Nehemiah. I am so grateful for each and every moment we have together. I love you, Monkey!

2 comments:
Um, nothing on the feet again??? LOL!
HS doesn't like him wearing socks in the house because he thinks it's way too slippery. I say he's a big boy and can handle it. Nehemiah also likes to just rip them off.
Post a Comment